Network security captures a multitude of technologies, devices, and processes. Basically, it is a set of rules and configurations designed to protect the integrity, confidentiality, and accessibility of computer networks and data using software and hardware technologies.
You can refer to any industry, be it telecom, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, large-scale companies, or small-scale companies. So naturally, network security plays an important role!
How does Network Security work?
It works on specific parameters:
Authentication and Authorization
- Authentication verifies the user trying to access or enter it, preventing unauthorized intrusions.
- Authorization is the level of access to be provided
What is Network Security Control?
Any organization would require THREE types of control:
- Physical network security
- Technical network security
- Administrative network security
It raises further questions on the types of Network Security.
- Network Access Control
- Antivirus and Antimalware Software
- Virtual Private Networks
- Security Information and Event Management System Mobile Device Management
The names explain the individual functionality.
Let us now understand what FIREWALL is.
A network security device that monitors
- Incoming and outgoing network traffic
- Permits or blocks data packets based on a set of security rules
- Establishes a barrier between the internal network and external sources to block malicious traffic like viruses and hackers
A cyber threat does not see the size and type of company. Once a malicious attempt becomes successful, it can cost a bomb!
It is crucial for every organization to be cyber aware, cyber alert and cybersmart We must be make aware of the consequences and be “threat ready”! Cheers to Network Security and Firewalls!
At TSARO Labs we strive to provide new-age technology solutions to our customers in order to protect their dignity and identity!
Contact us to know more!